Crunchy Broccoli Casserole
9 oz. frozen broccoli
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. flour
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. Lays plain potato chips, crushed well (Although I haven’t tried it, you could substitute saltine crackers or Ritz crackers here)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- Put frozen broccoli in a saucepan and fill with water until covered completely. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes and then drain. Place in a 2 qt. dish.
- While broccoli is boiling, mix flour and melted butter over medium heat until paste forms.
- Gradually add milk to flour butter mixture and stir until heated thoroughly.
- Add salt, pepper, and shredded cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds evenly over broccoli.
- Pour cheese mixture evenly over broccoli and almonds.
- Sprinkle chips evenly over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.