Baked French Toast
- 1 loaf Texas Toast (Crusts removed)
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
*Optional Ingredients: White and brown sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling.
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar. Stir until completely mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan and spread.
3. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan on top of sugar mix.
4. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla together.
*Optional: add 1 Tbsp powdered sugar to egg mixture and mix. This replaces syrup for my household.
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer.
*Optional: sprinkle with brown sugar and a little cinnamon.
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast on top.
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture.
*Optional: spread a thin layer of butter and sprinkle with white sugar and a little cinnamon. This gives it a crusty top.
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight. (Yes, that is a Little Ceasers box, be jealous. Ha, ha)
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes).
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
*All optional ingredients and directions are things I add but you don’t have to. You can use syrup when finished but if you add the sprinkles of yummy goodness you won’t need syrup. This is not a figure friendly recipe but it is my favorite! Enjoy!