Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1/2 pound of penne pasta (8 oz.)
- 2 heaping tbsp. real bacon bits plus more for garnishing (about 4 pieces of bacon if you want the real thing)
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 package dry ranch dressing mix (1/2 oz.)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook until no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and bacon bits; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Mix into pasta.
- Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top.