Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
Well…I have broken my camera. So, not to many pictures of this yummy dish. I got a couple of not so good ones with my laptop and added those. This is one of my new favorites and is so very easy to make! As soon as I get a new camera, I will take some more pictures and add them to this recipe. In the mean time, trust me, it’s worth it.
- 8 oz fettuccine or linguine
- 8 tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use the kind in the jar because that’s how I roll 😉 )
- 3 oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2/3 cup boiling water (from your noodle pot)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (and yes, you may use frozen, gasp!)
- Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook your pasta.
- While your pasta is cooking, cook your shrimp if necessary and reserve. If your shrimp are pre-cooked and frozen, quickly thaw them under running water.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat and saute mushrooms until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve cooked mushrooms and melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add minced garlic, cream cheese, and herbs. This is where I usually panic and feel like something has gone horribly wrong. The cream cheese doesn’t really melt and starts to look almost curdled, but do not fret! It will all smooth out and be wonderful when we add the water. I promise.
- Simmer cream cheese mixture until well blended. Get a scoop of boiling pasta water from your noodle pot and mix it in, stirring quickly to smooth out the sauce.
- Keep sauce hot and add shrimp and mushrooms, mix well and simmer (stirring often) until everything is hot and thickened, about 10 minutes-you wont ruin this sauce by accidentally boiling it so don’t worry. I sometimes have to add a couple of teaspoons of flour to the mixture to thicken it up some because I go butter crazy.
7. Toss sauce with cooked noodles and serve.
Serve this with garlic bread and a salad. Yum!